5 Steps for you to select a speed reducer
Step 1: Collect data about your application
Before starting you need to know the:
- Application (e.g. Conveyor, Mixer, etc.)
- Hours of Operation per day
- Motor Power (KW) and Speed (RPM)
- Desired Output Speed
- Mounting Position and Style
- Overhung or Thrust Loads
- Bore Dimensions, inch or metric
Step 2: Select a Frame Size
- Find the Load Classification of your application
- Find the recommended Service Factor
- Determine the Selection Power by multiplying the Motor Power by the Service Factor.
- Select a Frame size from the Reducer Selection Tables by matching both the Selection Power and Desired Output Speed (RPM) to a frame size model number.
Step 3: Verify Dimensions
Use the Dimensions information of our catalog to verify that the selected Frame Size is appropriate.
Step 4: Choose Options
The following options may apply:
- Solid Shaft
- Mounting Feet
- Output Flange
- Torque Arm Assembly
Step 5: Configure a Model Number
Go to our catalog to configure a model number.